EP Commodities, a.s (EPC), a part of the EPH group, specializing in trading of natural gas, coal and power is extending its activities and team in Prague and building a full equipped trading house including asset optimization capabilities.
That is why we are looking for:
Real Time Asset Portfolio Specialist
EPC is one of the most significant trading companies in CEE region and trading hub for the entire EPH group. We focus on physical trade and market access in the Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Italy, Netherlands, Hungary, Austria and UK. Our aim is to build a centre of excellence for energy trading in Europe.
What will be your job?
As Real Time Asset Portfolio Specialist you will have the main responsibility for management of the assigned portfolio of power plants in a real time. Your main activities will include:
- Monitoring the power plants operation – in connection with the production plan and optimization requirements
- Active operational problem solving, outage management
- Realization of intraday business transactions (by telephone / on exchange platforms)
- Ensuring of optimal use of cross-border capacities
- Communication with Transmission System Operators (TSOs) regarding the requirements for the re-dispatch and solution of events in the electricity grid
- Communication with production staff and traders in connection with assets rump-up/rump-down, production plan, outages, TSO requirements
Who are we looking for?
Talented and motivated individuals who would like to build a career in exciting and challenging energy sector and also experienced candidates who would like to take the next move up in their career, with:
- Advanced English language skills
- German on intermediate / upper-intermediate level
- Analytical skills and structured thinking
- Attention to detail and high sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under stress and make fast decisions
- Proactive approach to learning new things
- Openness to relocate to Germany for training and then start working in Prague
- Openness to work shifts and cover 24/7 operations
What do we offer?
We attribute our growth and success to our employees. We value their contribution to build our reputation through their commitment, professionalism, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Among other benefits, we offer:
- Opportunity to build experience and expertise in energy trading while working with and learning from some of the best individuals and teams in the business
- 9 months of training in beautiful Hamburg fully covered
- Opportunity to use English and German on daily basis
- Very flexible set up when planning shifts (9 team members)
- Being a part of young, dynamic and engaged team
- Motivating salary and performance management system – even for people without experience